The webinar Essential Pedagogy for Classroom Guitar Teachers, conducted by Mike Christiansen, covers many of the key concepts presented in our more extensive multi-day workshops. If you haven’t been exposed to formal classroom guitar pedagogy you’ll leave this information-packed 60-minute session with concrete tactics that you can immediately apply to your classroom teaching.
Who should attend:
- Music educators currently teaching or planning to teach classroom guitar .
- Beginning to advanced guitarists
- School District Fine Arts and Music Coordinators seeing professional development resources for teacher continuing education
Here’s some of things you’ll learn:
- What you need to know before the students show up
- Key skills for students, and the best progression for teaching them
- Layered learning strategies for effective, differentiated instruction
- How to organize and conduct student ensembles
- How to teach effectively, even with minimal guitar skills
- How to easily integrate blended learning technology into the classroom
**We have worked on trying to find best times to fit into a busy teaching schedule. If you are not available for these dates/times, please let us know a better time for you and your staff and as we add these to our calendar we will try to make it work for everyone.