Whether you are a new or experienced classroom guitar teacher, you will benefit from this free professional development opportunity.
The webinar Essential Pedagogy for Classroom Guitar Teachers, conducted by Mike Christiansen, covers many of the key concepts presented in our more extensive multi-day workshops. If you haven’t been exposed to formal classroom guitar pedagogy you’ll leave this information-packed 60-minute session with concrete tactics that you can immediately apply to your classroom teaching.
Who should attend:
- Music educators currently teaching or planning to teach classroom guitar
- Beginning to advanced guitarists
- School District Fine Arts and Music Coordinators seeking professional development resources for teacher continuing education
Here are some of the things you’ll learn:
- What you need to know before the students show up
- Key skills for students, and the best progression for teaching them
- Layered learning strategies for effective, differentiated instruction
- How to organize and conduct student ensembles
- How to teach effectively, even with minimal guitar skills
- How to easily integrate blended learning technology into the classroom
While signing up for our webinar, be sure to sign up for a free Teacher’s Evaluation License for CMI’s blended learning courseware.
If this time does not work for you, we have another time scheduled for March 21, 2014 3:30 p.m. est/1:30 p.m. mst