Who this course is of interest to:
- Music educators currently teaching or planning to teach classroom guitar
- Beginning to advanced guitarists
- School District Fine Arts and Music Coordinators seeking professional development resources for teacher continuing education
Some of the Topics We’ll Cover:
- What you’ll need to know before you start a class.
- Sequential teaching: The skills student will need to learn and the optimal progression to teach them.
- Implementing ensemble playing in your curriculum.
- Layered learning strategies for differentiated instruction.
- Incorporating blended learning into the curriculum
What You’ll Receive
Attendees will also receive:
- An evaluation subscription to CMI’s Guitar Fundamentals – Beginning Level Course
- Free access to essential CMI online resources including sample blended learning courseware, ensemble arrangements, class lesson plans, and access to the CMI Online Learning Site with its professional development video library.
Cost: Free for teachers employed by PSD. $20 for all others.
If you’re not an employee of Polk School District and would like to attend this workshop you’ll need to complete the registration form in the sidebar, and pay the $20 fee.