With summer coming on and your classroom guitar class winding down you may be interested in continuing your guitar studies with a private guitar teacher.
In this video blog Guitar Pedagogy Expert Mike Christiansen gives you tips on what to look for in a private guitar teacher. These include points like:
- What is the teachers musical background?
- What styles do they play? What styles can they teach?
- What method do they use?
- What is the studio environment that your lessons will be taught in like?
- What is the teachers track record? How long has their longest student been with them?
- What are the teachers limits? How far can they take you?
- Watch the video for a more detailed discussion.
You can even study on your own with the exact same curriculum you have been using via a monthly subscription at our companion site. Your subscription includes access to all the courses we offer at a low monthly rate…and your first month is free!
Thanks for sharing this excellent blog about guitar teachers. keep blogging!