CLASSROOM GUITAR TEACHER TRAINING: WEBINAR
Whether you have already taught a guitar class, or are just considering adding guitar to your teaching repertoire; whether an accomplished guitarist or a beginning player, you owe it to yourself to attend this free training professional development opportunity. This 60 minute webinar presentation, conducted by Mike Christiansen, covers many of the key concepts presented in our more extensive in-person workshops and online training. If you haven’t been exposed to formal classroom guitar pedagogy training you’ll leave this information packed 60 minutes session with concrete tactics that you can immediately apply to your classroom teaching.
Who this course is of interest to:
- Music educators currently teaching or planning to teach classroom guitar
- Beginning to advanced guitarists
- School District Fine Arts and Music Coordinators seeing professional development resources for teacher continuing education
Here’s some of things you’ll learn:
- All you REALLY need to know before the kids show up
- Which skills students really need and the best progression for teaching them
- Layered learning strategies for simple yet effective differentiated instruction
- How to organize and conduct student ensembles that you can be proud of
- How to teach effectively, even with minimal guitar skills
- How easily integrate the benefits of blended learning into the classroom
Attendees will also receive an evaluation subscription to CMI’s Guitar Fundamentals – Beginning Level Course At the end of the webinar, you receive free access to essential CMI resources including sample blended learning courseware, ensemble arrangements, class lesson plans, and access to the Consonus Online Learning Site with its professional learning community.
The Consonus Online Learning Site offers video tutorials on multiple aspects of teaching classroom guitar, a forum in which to chat with your colleagues, and access to CMI’s blended learning guitar courses, which are carefully created to simultaneously improve your guitar skills and serve as a model for classroom instruction.
This webinar is taught by Mike Christiansen, distinguished author of over 40 instructional texts for guitar and one of America’s foremost experts in classroom guitar pedagogy.
Preview a complete workshop outline.
For more information on attending or sponsoring CMI’s Classroom Guitar Teacher Training Webinar, e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 866-714-2633.