Consonus Music Institute's
August 4th & 5th 2015 in Salt Lake City, Utah
Take Your Teaching Skill to the Next Level
Sessions are Taught by Michael Christiansen
The boot camp sessions are taught by Michael Christiansen, founder of the guitar pedagogy program and director emeritus of the guitar department at Utah State University. The workshop curriculum condenses much of the same content that Mike teaches in his university guitar pedagogy classes. Thousands of graduates are teaching using Mike’s guitar education methods and strategies.
Here are some of topics we’ll be covering:
- What every Guitar Student Should Know – Teaching a standards based curriculum.
- There’s a Correct sequence to teach every skill .
- What style of guitar should you teach? All of them – Here’s how.
- Teaching students of different levels in the same class with Layered Learning.
- How to get the most out of guitar ensembles .
- Teaching Creative methods: Basic improvisation and composition for guitarists.
- The Elements of Assessment.
- Blended Learning – What it is and how to use in your classroom to accelerate learning.
- Developing your guitar technique both in and outside of the classroom.
- And so much more.