This fun and engaging 23-lesson, blended learning course is intended for beginning guitar students.
Basic technical skills are introduced, including single note playing, various strumming patterns in 3/4 and 4/4 time, as well as numerous open position chord forms. Reading skills progress from rhythmic tablature to the introduction of standard notation.
Course Repertoire includes: 9-duo, trio, and four part ensemble arrangements as well as numerous exercises, musical examples, solo pieces and lead sheets.
- 7-month subscription to the Consonus Online Learning Site with related online course content.
- Every exercise, solo, and ensemble piece is presented in its own review and/or practice video, demonstrated by the author and utilizing rhythmic audio backing to develop student timing and ensemble playing skills.
- Online content mirrors the Course Lesson Plans and Student Workbook. Non-lesson related videos cover topics such as stringing and care for the guitar.
Instructor Development & Teaching Aids
- Full Lesson Plans
- Videos suitable for classroom demonstration and instruction
- Supplemental teacher training videos which will help you get your class started right and progressing with topics including:
- How to teach a blended learning course;
- Layered learning techniques for differentiated learning;
- Ensemble rehearsal techniques and more.
Optional Teacher Training Workshops
Attend a CMI summer teacher training workshop taught by Mike Christiansen and CMI staff instructors. You’ll learn the same key concepts and techniques that Mike has developed and taught for over 30 years in his university guitar pedagogy courses.
Register for a Free 10-day Trial Now
Check it out yourself. See everything the the Consonus Method has to offer FREE for 10 days.
See everything this course has to offer!