Beginning Ukulele Level 1
The ukulele is experiencing an unprecedented growth in popularity with students of all ages. It’s the perfect introduction to fretted instruments for younger students, and a great way to attract older students to music participation.
CMI’s Ukulele Ensemble is the first course to present the Ukulele in an ensemble-based, blended learning class format. Like all Consonus instrumental courses, group music learning, solo repertoire, and multi-part arrangements of original and traditional songs are emphasized.
Click on the tabs below to learn more about what the CMI blended learning course for ukulele has to offer. To fully experience and appreciate everything that is included you should really click here to start your 60-day free trial.
- 11-month subscription to the Consonus Online Learning Site with related online course content.
- Every exercise, solo, and ensemble piece is presented in its own review and/or practice video, demonstrated by the author and utilizing rhythmic audio backing to develop student timing and ensemble playing skills.
- Online content mirrors the Course Lesson Plans and Student Workbook. Non-lesson related videos cover topics such as stringing and care for the ukulele.
Instructor Development & Teaching Aids
- Full Lesson Plans
- Videos suitable for classroom demonstration and instruction
- Supplemental teacher training videos which will help you get your class started right and progressing with topics including:
- How to teach a blended learning course;
- Layered learning techniques for differentiated learning;
- Ensemble rehearsal techniques and more.
The course consists of 22 lessons designed to be taught in a typical semester. Basic technical skills are introduced including single note playing, various strumming patterns in 3/4 and 4/4 time, and numerous open position chord forms. Reading skills progress from rhythmic tablature to standard notation.
Here’s the table of contents:
The Beginning Ukulele Level One Course has 19 ukulele ensembles in a variety of styles. Every ensemble has a playalong track for the entire ensemble or with one of every part removed so students can practice along at home or in the classroom. Sign up for the 10-day free trial to hear and see all of the ensemble pieces.
|01. Let’s Play Together||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|02. Spy Theme|
|03. Island Hopping||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|04. Hawaiian Vamp|
|05. I Strum You Strum||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|06. Blue Uke|
|07. Hawaiian Warrior||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|08. Smokey Water|
|09. In the Mirror||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|10. Night Rockin’ Blues|
|11. The Spanish Bull||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|12. Boogie Woogie Blues|
|13. Melancholy Melody||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|14. A New Day|
|15. Puerto Escondito||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|16. Ice Skating|
|17. Laid Back||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|
|18. Moana Uli|
|19. North Wind||Register for a Free Trial to hear this track.|