Intermediate Guitar Level 1
Intermediate Guitar Level 1 continues the teaching progression established in Beginning Guitar Complete. This course also provides an excellent entry point into a blended learning class model for students who have developed basic note reading skills and instrumental technique using another method. The course contains 32 lessons designed to be taught over two semesters.
Click on the tabs below to learn more about what the CMI blended learning course for intermediate guitar has to offer. To fully experience and appreciate everything that is included you should really click here to start your 60-day free trial.
- 11-month subscription to the Consonus Online Learning Site with related online course content.
- Every exercise, solo, and ensemble piece is presented in its own review and/or practice video, demonstrated by the author and utilizing rhythmic audio backing to develop student timing and ensemble playing skills.
- Online content mirrors the Course Lesson Plans and Student Workbook. Non-lesson related videos cover topics such as stringing and care for the guitar.
Instructor Development & Teaching Aids
- Full Lesson Plans
- Videos suitable for classroom demonstration and instruction
- Supplemental teacher training videos which will help you get your class started right and progressing with topics including:
- How to teach a blended learning course;
- Layered learning techniques for differentiated learning;
- Ensemble rehearsal techniques and more.
The curriculum moves forward with the addition of new chord vocabulary in the open position, as well as movable power chords and barre chords. More complex strum patterns syncopated rhythms. Fret board knowledge expands to include upper position reading on treble strings.
The emphasis on improvisation continues with an exploration of new pentatonic scales and sequences.
Finger style skills are developed as students are introduced to finger picking patterns that they can apply to chord shapes on combinations of strings.
Repertoire includes numerous original solo and ensemble pieces in styles that include contemporary, classical, and jazz that are ideal for both practice and performance.
Here’s the table of contents for the Course:
The Intermediate Guitar Course has 9 ensembles in a variety of styles. Every ensemble has a playalong track for the entire ensemble or with one of every part removed so students can practice along at home or in the classroom. Sign up for the 10-day free trial to hear and see all of the ensemble pieces.